Glass goes back to ancient times, and its rich history is replete with stories, myth, grandeur, and graceful applications. The transparent material, made of silica, is very effective in practical and technological terms. There is no shortage of decorators who adorn walls of homes with beautiful and gratifying mirrors. The decorative appeal of these home accessories primarily stems from the materials ability to reflect light with a great degree of clarity and transparency. However, if you want to decorate your home with some useful accessories then you can install some mirrors on the walls. Even you can easily place them on your bathroom walls, bedrooms and in dining room too. But all you need is to maintain them from getting covered with rust and it is suggested to opt for the coated mirror for your home. They are rust resistant and you can easily clean them in a normal way.
Why Would You Choose Mirrors?
Dressing tables and wall mounts are commonly found in private homes, while public places and make-up rooms have wall-to-wall mirror sets. The designer quality glass with rich and ornate frames is more suitable for properties that convey a sense of luxury, class, and prestige. These mirrors and fragments themselves are made of clean glass that has been manufactured to reflect good quality of light. The home makers and floor workers at offices have to focus on maintenance and keep the mirrors stain-free so that the reflective surface appears smooth and stylish.
Types of Mirror Designs
A beautiful reflector, irrespective of the size, shape, and thickness has to be framed, as glass is a brittle material. The frames themselves are made of wood, steel, aluminum, plastic, and other malleable products. This framework is crafted through mechanical tools and manual artistry, and ornate designs and patterns are etched around the mirrors.
Experts in optics have a tendency to wax eloquently on the physical principles such as reflection, refraction, lens, and apertures. However, Decorative artists are creative and they focus more on superficial shapes, sizes, and placement or arrangement –
- Plane Reflectors – The most popular parts are flat and they are cut into geometricshapes to reflect light in a normal fashion. The “mirror image” appears from left to right, and home makers use them in bathrooms or above the sink or wash basins. They are also quite popular as dressing table reflectors or as wall mounts in the bedrooms. You can also install the focus lights around the mirror to highlight the walls and dressing table.
- Convex Mirrors – They are spherical and inwardly curved surfaces that are very useful in creating spaciousness or the appearance and illusion of larger living rooms or bedrooms. They are excellent for the home décor and people can easily install them at anyplace inside their home.
- Concave Surfaces – The concave reflectors are also curved and spherical mirrors that bulge in an outward direction. They are very useful for creating disordered, distorted, and ungainly images.
Great Ideas for Room Decor
- Interior designers have an insightful eye, and they are also very keen on attention to every minute detail. High quality furniture, artifacts, and blinds are a major influence on a decor expert’s plan. However, they never ignore the equally significant role played by glass films, window location, and mirrors. Chose elegant and artistic framework and install beautiful flat mirrors to create an illusion of deeper and longer hallways.
- Wall mounted mirrors are ideal for dark nooks and corners, as they enhance the quality of lighting and spread out the artificial light in an expansive manner.
- Enclose themirrors in custom designed frames to create impressive artwork in the bedrooms, bathrooms and other private spaces.
So now you can choose the high-quality mirror for your home.